Wild Maine Blueberry Jam - 12.5 oz
Take the sweet intensity of wild Maine blueberries and add the perfect amount of sugar and a splash of lemon to get our top-selling Wild Maine Blueberry Jam.
Bursting with flavor, these tiny, hand-raked Maine blueberries create the ideal fruit spread to top off toast, pancakes and PB&Js.
12.5 oz Glass Jar
Wanna Make that Delicious Stars and Stipes Pie, well here's the recipe:
Pastry Dough for a 9” Double Pie Crust (your favorite recipe or store bought)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
For the Blueberry Filling;
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
¼ cup Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
For the Strawberry Filling;
2 pounds fresh strawberries, destemmed and roughly chopped
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup Strawberry Champagne Jam
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
- On a flat, lightly floured workspace, roll out ¾ of the pastry dough into a 12-14” circle (or slightly larger than the pie plate you are using). Gently fold the dough in half and place into the pie plate. Allow the edges to hang over the sides and trim so that the overhang is the same length around the pie. Gently fold the overhang under and crimp the edges.
- Roll out the remaining pastry dough to be about 1/8” thick. Using a small and medium star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 15-20 stars. Reroll the remaining dough if needed and cut out 5 strips that are 1” wide and long enough to cross the pie.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the blueberries with the sugar and cornstarch until the blueberries are coated, then mix in the Wild Maine Blueberry Jam. In a large bowl, repeat with the strawberry filling ingredients.
- Starting with the blueberries, carefully scoop them into the top left section of the pie (If you were to look at it like a clock, it would be from 9:00-12:00). While spooning them in, use a spatula to form a triangle so the blueberries are just filling in that section.
- Once the blueberries have all been placed, carefully spoon the strawberries into the remaining part of the pie.
- Gently lay the strips of pastry across the strawberry section of the pie to create the flags stripes. Trim the edges as needed and tuck the ends under the pie crust. Place the stars on top of the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Using a pastry brush, gently brush the egg wash over the stripes, stars and the edge of the pie crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake at 400°Fahrenheit on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Leaving the pie in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until the crust has browned and the filling has been bubbling for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving.